Weekly Blog 2/27

Weekly Blog 2/27 - Rocks:

Surprise: I was surprised when I was looking at the conditions that would change a rock type to another type. I was surprised because I was most familiar with the following conditions for the rock types: Heat, Pressure, Weathering, Erosion, Melting, and Cooling. Also, I didn't know what other conditions there were such as, Compacting and Cementing. This surprise has taught me to do research on things that I never knew before or things that I am interested in.

Summary: What I learned about this week was the rock cycle, rock types, and how rocks form. I also learned about minerals, where and how they're formed. 

Backward - Looking: I knew a lot about the topic before we learned about it in class. What I now know is that rocks have lots of conditions for changing types such as, heat, pressure, weathering, erosion, melting, cooling, compacting and cementing.

Inward - Looking: What I found satisfying this week was that I was able to learn two more conditions to the rock cycle and I also learned that minerals are everywhere, like the salt that you use on your food. Another thing is that this topic about rocks and minerals interests me more now.

Outward - Looking: If I were the teacher I would say that my work is understandable, but would like to have examples. Overall I enjoyed that I found the topic fun and interesting.

Forward - Looking: I need to find better concrete details. Another thing is that I should really understand the topic so I can have well thought out answers.

































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms