Project Blog

Citation: https://www.jtbgenesis.com/pic/tour/141231Mt.fuji.Mitsutouge.jpg
Summary: While our team was working on our project, I learned some really interesting facts. 

Facts I learned:
  • Mt. Fuji may look like one volcano, but instead is made of three! It formed over two one being Komitake the other being Ko-Fuji, or known as Older Fuji
  • Mt. Fuji is theorized to have formed as a parasitic mountain at the foot of a volcano named Komitake.
  • These volcanoes were active around 100,00 to 10,00 Those volcanoes were active about 100,000 to 10,000 years ago.  
  • Mt. Fuji is still known active by scientists.
  • Mt. Fuji is known as a religious symbol to the people of Japan.
 Backward Looking:
I already knew about volcanoes, having studied it last year and reading about them in books. I also knew about earthquakes, tsunamis, rip-currents, and more. Some things I already knew about volcanoes were the three types: Cinder Cone, Shield, and Composite volcanoes. I also know they had three forms: active, dormant, and extinct.
Active means it will still erupt.
Dormant means it will still erupt, but not as much as when active.
Extinct means it will never erupt again.

Inward Looking:
The way I feel about this piece of work is happy. I am happy with our work and I think we did a great job. I was a bit neutral with the partner choice though. I thought our team could have been a little better with the volume and expression. I also wish our team was well prepared, because one of our team members forgot to print out the script, and while I offered to do that, they said no thanks and said they would handle it. 

Another thing about our team was that I felt we weren't 25% partners on this. We were a team of four, and so I felt I wasn't being given enough to do. I did the research and tried to help with our model.

The parts I liked about this project was the presenting and research. I usually hate doing research because all the typing sometimes makes my hands hurt. I only liked doing the research because I loved to read all the facts. I learned a lot of things I didn't even know before! 

Presenting was awesome as well. I really enjoyed how I got to speak in front of the class with our model and project. Sometimes I get nervous and I'll stutter, but with my team, I felt alright if you know what I mean. I'm not much of a solitary person, I'm totally social.

The things I really loved to do was well.... Like I stated in the last two paragraphs... Research and presenting! It was lots of fun, and like I said, I learned a lot of interesting facts. I also enjoyed listening to others presentations because I learned some more things about volcanoes and faults! I mean, I already knew from a book that we are due for an earthquake, and I am kind of scared, but other than that everything else was cool.

Outward Looking:
The grade I would give myself would be somewhere in the A's. I think we did OK, but I would still like to improve on what we did. Such as bringing the materials necessary for our project, speaking loudly so everyone can hear, and putting some expression in your voice so you don't sound like a robot or a zombie.

Now if you want an EXACT ANSWER, than the grade I would give my self would be an A-. We were FINE, but weren't 'above average', or 'totally amazing, so amazing I deserve an A+.' 

Forward Looking:
The thing I would change is something I mentioned like three time already so please don't get bored.

The thing I would like to change is the way we presented and our time management.

Presenting: Things we could improve upon
I think we could improve on our volume. Some of our group members talked quietly. They could increase their volume.

Expression. Some of our group members had expression in their voice to make themselves sound like humans and not robots while others talked like mindless boxes of metal and circuits. (I mean robots. Robots are dull and everything, but my team members aren't 'mindless boxes of metal and circuits.')




Time Management: Things we could improve upon

I think we could have improved on our time management. Some of our group members didn't bring the items we needed such as our script, and so we couldn't EXACTLY remember our lines. 

Another reason why we could have improved on this aspect was that we had trouble managing everything altogether. We were stuck on our lines, our model, research. It was a little frustrating because one of our group members was a little bossy. And so they were telling us what to do, what NOT to do, and saying they would have EVERYTHING ready.

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms