Weekly Blog 03/13

Weekly Blog 03/13:


Surprise: I was at my table with my classmates when I got surprised. What surprised me was how the magnet attracted many paperclips. This was surprising because with the middle of the magnet - the paperclips would slide over to one of the poles. This tells me that I need to study our new unit more - Magnetism and Electricity. Another thing is that if I study and do more experiments with it I might learn more interesting and unusual facts.

Summary:What I learned this week is that when you try to pick up a metal object with the middle of the magnet, the object would always slide over to one of the poles. Also, I learned that if you hold an electronic device close to a magnet, it will erase all the memory from it. Another thing is that a magnet can only pick up three types of metal: iron, cobalt, and nickel.

Backward-Looking: Yes I learned about both magnets and electricity during the middle of the year in 4th grade. I have done a similar kind of work in the past at my old school. In my science class we studied this unit.

Inward-Looking: Yes, this unit has changed my ideas about what we learned using magnets and electricity. It changed my ideas by performing experiments with them, and once we actually made an electromagnet. The experiment changed my mind because I learned that it can burn you if you hold it for a long time. I know this because when I was holding it for five seconds it was starting to get warm.

Outward-Looking: The grade I would give myself on my work this week is an A. I would give myself this letter grade because I was engaged in this unit. The experiment that we did in class was so interesting and fun for me that I know that I did my best to meet the expectations.

Forward-Looking: One thing I would like to improve upon in this weeks work is doing more studies on magnetism and electricity. I would like to improve on this because I want to perform more experiments with them and see what else magnets can pick up besides paperclips. Another reason why I would like to improve on studying magnets is because I found this unit interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms