Weekly Blog Post - Balancing Equations

Summary:During this week, I learned how to balance equations by adding coefficients. It was rather interesting because I learned about the different types of chemical reactions, which were synthesis (the combining of two or more chemicals), single and double displacement (in which single is when a molecule splits apart and one of the chemicals joins another and double displacement is when a molecule splits apart and both chemicals join other chemicals). We had to complete an online worksheet where we had to answer some questions and then work with our table groups to determine the type of reaction and work out the unbalanced (only once we got a balanced equation) equation.

SP1: Asking testable and/or scientific questions. I asked scientific questions when we were completing a fascinating activity with baking soda (classified as BS), iodine, water, cornstarch, and other materials. I asked questions such as, "What would happen if I combined iodine with cornstarch?", which we did test out. I asked more questions such as, "What would happen if I combined vinegar and baking soda? Would it create sodium acetate (NaC2H3O2)?"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms