Weekly Blog Post - Acids and Bases

Summary: During this week, I learned more about acids such as the pH scale which determines what is an acid or a base (anything less than 7 is an acid and anything more than 7 is a base). I also learned that a base mixed with an acid creates pure water (pH of 7). I also learned about what qualified as an acid and a base through this disturbing(ly) interesting game called Alien Juice Bar (the aliens have a weird taste in beverages). 

SP1: Asking testable and/or scientific questions. I asked scientific questions when we were completing a fascinating activity with citric acid and water such as "What would happen if I poured in all the citric acid and mixed it with the water? Would it turn into such an acid that it would eat through the metal of my pencil?"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms