Weekly Blog Post - "Vibrations" (3|12|18 - 3|18|18)

Summary: During this week, I learned that if you hit an object against a hard surface and stick it in a glass of water, it will actually cause the water to jump. Another thing that I learned was that when the ear detects sound waves, there are tiny hairs inside of the ear past the eardrum that turn the waves into vibrations, which nerves send to brain, and the brain analyzes that as sound. I also learned that there are three tiny bones inside of the ear that help pass along the vibrations.

SP3: Planning and carrying out investigations. I carried out investigations when I completed a lab involving tuning forks, ping pong balls, and a cup of water. I tested things over and over again and revised my thoughts when I found that you had to hit a tuning fork in a specific area for it to vibrate enough to get the water to jump out of the cup.

Image Link: What do you get when you drop a piano down a mineshaft? A flat miner. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm liking the music jokes : )

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms