Weekly Blog Post - "Waves" (3|19|18 - 3|25|18)

Summary: During this week, I learned about electromagnetic and mechanical waves. I learned that a mechanical wave needs a medium to pass through. I learned that an  electromagnetic wave didn't need a medium to pass through--since radiowaves are electromagnetic waves, they can pass through space easily. I also learned that the trough was the lowest point of the wave and that the smaller a wave was, the higher the frequency would be. I learned that a frequency measured how many waves passed in one second.

SP1: Asking questions and defining problems. I asked questions such as "How would people measure radiation waves?" and "How would people identify a surface wave." I also asked questions such as "Are there any special devices to measure different waves?"

Image Link: What did the beach say to the wave? "Long tide, no sea." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms