Weekly Blog Post - "Teach the Class" (5|21|18 - 5|17|18)

Summary: During this week, some of the groups in my class taught us on different topics. Two of my classmates decided to teach us about black holes, which I found very interesting. I learned that if you entered a black hole and became spaghettified, you would really just become a long string of atoms. (So really more clarification on spaghettification.) I also learned that virtually anything could become a black hole if it were compressed to a small enough size. I also learned that there were four different types of black holes. Another thing I learned about black holes were the three main parts of a black hole: the singularity point, the ergosphere, and the event horizon.

SP1: Asking questions and defining problems. I asked questions such as, "If a black hole were to replace our sun, how would the solar system continue functioning?" and "Assuming there is a black hole in the center of the Milky Way, and assuming there is a black hole in the center of Andromeda, how would the two black holes interact with each other if Andromeda collided with us? Would we notice at all?" 

Image Link: Copernicus’ parents might deserve some of the credit for his great discovery. Apparently, at the age of twelve they said to him: “Copernicus, young man, when are you going to realize that the world does NOT revolve around you.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms