Article Blog 05/29

Article Blog:

Surprise: I became surprised after reading an article about sloths.I was surprised when I read that the three-toed sloths had two extra neck vertebrae. It was surprising because I didn't know that a three-toed sloth could have extra vertebrae . This tells me that there are animals that have interesting features.

Summary: I learned that the three-toed sloths facial coloring that makes it look as if it is always smiling. Another thing I learned is that three-toed sloths have two extra neck vertebrae that let them turn their heads almost all the way around.

Backward - Looking: I knew that sloths had algae growing on their fur. I now know from reading the article, that a if a sloth is attacked it will lash out with its claws and shriek. Another thing that I learned from the article is that the three-toed sloth sits upward on branches instead of hanging upside-down like the two-toed sloth.


Inward - Looking: I chose this article because I find sloths interesting and amazing. I like lions and also wanted to learn what they did in their environment. I would like to help sloths because they are becoming endangered.

Outward - Looking: The information provided affects the future because it helps people find ways to contribute towards the animals, such as sloths and other endangered species. Another thing is that we now are educated with how we can save sloths in situations by stop hurting their environment and by stop poaching them for their fur. Also, we can take care of injured or sick sloths. It affects us in the future because we need to know the information in order to rightfully take care of a sloth and how to make sure it is comfortable and relaxed in its environment.


Forward - Looking: What I would let the author know is that he/she could expand more on this topic by letting the readers know what hunts the sloths. Another thing that the author could expand more in the article is how we the people could help the sloth's habitat.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms