Article Blog

Article Blog:

Surprise: I became surprised after reading an article about orcas.I was surprised when I read that orcas weigh 12,000 lbs. It was surprising because I didn't know that orcas could weigh so much. This tells me that there are animals that weigh more than an average school bus.

Summary: I learned that orcas eat different animals depending on their environment. IE: National Geographic states, "depending on season and where they are, their diet varies - some orcas eat more fish and squid than seals and penguins."

Backward - Looking: I knew that orcas hunted seals, penguins, fish, squid and sometimes other whales. I also knew that orcas used their colors - black and white as camouflage to hunt. I now know from reading the article, that orcas weigh 12,000 lbs. Another thing that I learned from the article is that orcas hunt specific things based off of their environment.

Inward - Looking: I chose this article because I find whales interesting and amazing. I like orcas and also wanted to learn what they ate in their environment. I would like to help orcas because they are becoming endangered.

Outward - Looking: The information provided affects the future because it helps people find ways to contribute towards the animals, such as orcas and other endangered species. Another thing is that we now are educated with how we can save orcas in situations by stop poaching the animals that they eat. Also, we can take care of injured or sick orcas. It affects us in the future because we need to know the information in order to rightfully take care of an orca and how to make sure it is comfortable and relaxed in its environment.


Forward - Looking: What I would let the author know is that he/she could expand more on this topic by letting the readers know what actually hunts the orca and what climate or season is best  for the orca to hunt. Another thing that the author could expand more in the article is how we the people could help the orcas.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms