Weekly Blog Post


Summary: During this week, I learned that wind is the most effective when it comes to transporting toxic waste. I have learned about the ocean is that it covers more than three-quarters of the world. I also learned that currents are moving water in the ocean. Another thing that I learned was that when the heat from the sun evaporates the water in the ocean, it leaves only the salt behind. I also know that ocean currents are caused by wind and the amount of salt in the water. Another thing I've learned is that warm air holds more heat than warm water and that water with a large amount of salt is heavier than water that does not have as much salt. Other things that I know about the ocean are that thermohaline currents are warm and salty ocean currents. I've also learned that fish depend on moving water (currents) for food.The ocean is so important for the planet because many animals rely on it for food. It also is the largest ecosystem in the world. (i. e. a fish munches on algae, a seagull/pelican/shark/dolphin eats the fish. For dolphins: orcas are the predator of dolphins. For seagulls or pelicans, perhaps sharks.) And for us humans, we rely on the fish and the sharks for food.


SP2: We made a model showing toxic waste which was food coloring. There were four different colors. I chose green, someone else chose yellow, another person chose red, and the last person chose blue. I did four drops, the person who chose yellow did eight because the other person with blue told him to. The person with blue did four and the person with red did four as well. After making our 'currents' the 'ocean' turned a solid shade of green.

Citation: Ocean Pollution

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms