Weekly Blog - Human Body REDESIGN On Google Slides (11|29|16 - 12|04|16)



Summary: During this week, my team and I worked on our Human Body REDESIGN presentation and script for the Immune System. What I learned about the immune system while working on this project was that the tonsils and adenoids were part of the immune system. I also learned that 'Peyer's patches' existed, which I didn't know until my team put a picture of the immune system on one of the slides of our presentation. 

SP1 - Asking questions and defining problems: I asked scientific questions while working on this project when wondering how it would be scientifically possible to enlarge the spleen (our team's redesign for the immune system - enlarge the spleen to hold and contain a certain amount of phagocytes. Messages would be sent from the brain and the endocrine system, which is told to have some control over the immune system). I also asked a scientific question on how we could make it so that the detrusor muscle (a muscular wall around the bladder that allows it to inflate like a balloon) can cover the spleen, with the same stretch muscles that are connected to the detrusor muscle (this is so that when the detrusor muscle contracts and expands, signals are sent to the brain, which is how we know when we have to go to the restroom) to allow the brain to know when the maximum fullness of the spleen has been reached.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms