Weekly Blog Post - Biology

Summary: During this week, we learned about biology and the animals and plants of the rainforest, such as a coral snake, which has vibrant bands of black, red, and yellow, to warn off predators and prey that this is a snake that carries venom. There wasn't really anything that I didn't "learn" because of the books that I've read, and all the nature documentaries that I watched. However, some of the things that I learned included how leaf cutter ants grow fungus, like termites, to grow their food. I also learned that a mother frog carries her babies (aka tadpoles) on her back and then releases them in a small pool of water gathered in the dipping canoe-like leaves of a plant.

SP1: Asking testable and/or scientific questions. I asked scientific questions when I was watching the rainforest documentary, such as does the coral snake a "venom gland"? If it does have a "venom gland", where is it located?

Image link: I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms