Project Blog Post - "Charity Fair" (12|11|17-12|17|17)

Charity Fair - Project Blog Post


Summary: This project was when we had to research different charities and decide which one was bested suited to our cause. Before this though, we had a debate over which charity type was more beneficial- small charities, or large charities. I learned that a lot of the money just goes to admin costs in large charities. I also learned that smaller charities are a little bit less-known, so they're more unreliable.

Backward-Looking: How much did you know about the subject before we started? I chose the subject of animal abuse for Charity Fair, and before we started, I knew that a lot of animals faced daily abuse and that only a few of the abusers were sentenced to prison. I knew that some animals faced psychological trauma for years when they went to shelters and that some cases were so bad that they were euthanized.

Inward-Looking: How do you feel about this piece of work? What parts of it do you particularly like/dislike? Why? What did/do you enjoy about this piece/work?
 I quite like this piece of work. I liked making our products for Charity Fair and raising money to help stop animal cruelty. I didn't really have a dislike for anything, to be honest. I enjoyed presenting to spread awareness and I liked selling my product.

Outward-Looking: If someone else were looking at the piece, what might they learn about who you are? If someone else was looking at our finished piece, they'd learn that I like to make things in order to raise money for a cause that I care about. They'd also learn that I like to work in teams.

Forward-Looking: What would you like to spend more time on in school? I would like to spend more time on learning about ornithology and marine biology. I'd also like learn about where some animals get their abilities or appearance- like how the frilled lizard got its ruff. Or an ancient species with venom that was passed down to snakes and other venomous animals.

Image Link: What do you call an educated tube? A graduated cylinder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms