Weekly Blog Post - "Newton's Laws" (1|29|18 - 2|4|18)

Summary: During this week, I learned about Newton's Laws of Motion. I learned that Newton's Law of Inertia meant that bodies in motion tend to stay in motion and bodies at rest to stay at rest. I also learned about his other two laws-- Newton's 2nd Law states that the acceleration of an object depends on the net force acting upon the object and the mass of the object. I also learned that Newton's Third Law of Motion states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

SP3: Planning and carrying out investigations. I investigated Newton's laws a little bit more with our Newton's Laws lab. I worked on his second law with a partner and found that the larger marble of our lab ended up going a little slower than our smaller marble because the big marble had less force behind it, while the small marble had the force from the big marble that propelled it forward over the tape.   

Image Link: What is a physicist’s favourite food? Fission chips 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms