Weekly Blog Post - "Physics" (2|5|18 - 2|11|18)

Summary: During this week, I learned that our marble accelerated faster when we lined our pipes with tape to give it a smoother surface. (This was for our roller coaster project.) I also learned that our marble needed a lot of acceleration to go around the loop-the-loop fully or else it would fall off. Another thing I learned was that if our marble had too much acceleration or wasn't balanced properly on the top of our coaster, it would shoot out of the side before going all the way around our loop-the-loop.

SP1: Asking questions and defining problems. I asked questions such as, "What would happen if our marble had too much acceleration?" (Which was then tested...) And other questions such as, "How would applying tape to our pipes work?" and "Would hot glue work when trying to slow down our marble? What if the heat from the hot glue melts the styrofoam when applying it?"

Image Link: A photon checks into a hotel. The bellhop asks, “Can I help you with your luggage?” The photon replies, “I don’t have any. I’m traveling light!” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms