Project Blog (9|23|16) - Cell Wars (President of Cell-land: Who is the best organelle?)

Summary: During this week, we had to turn in our video along with the rest of our project (video link: CLN (Cell-land News CELL WARS GOLGI BODIES INTERVIEW)). We also had to post smears, which was basically roasting other teams in order for our candidate to win. Smearing was when you put up a post putting other candidates (future presidents of cell-land, which were the given organelles) in a bad light so our candidate could win.

Backward-Looking: In what ways have you gotten better at this kind of work? 
I have gotten better at this kind of work (video editing) because I know how to use a certain type of video editing software properly, or at least enough to produce a good music video with a few classmates. Another way I have gotten better at this kind of work is uploading. Last year, we were told to do a project, and I had no idea how to upload my video from iMovie to my Google Drive, and I had to seek help from another classmate, who told me how. This year, I know how to upload properly and how to video edit.

Inward-Looking: How do you feel about this piece of work? What parts of it do you particularly like? Dislike? Why? What did/do you enjoy about this piece of (or? the question set had or in the question, but I put 'of' just in case) work? 
I feel very proud and satisfied with this piece of work, from the smear post to the video. A part of the project that I particularly enjoy would have to be the video, considering I spent a lot of time at home, editing, fixing the volumes, and cutting out parts that didn't go well. I do not have any dislikes about the project. As I mentioned before in this overly large paragraph, my favorite part of the project was the video, because of the time I spent into video editing, and I overall enjoyed watching the video.

Outward-Looking: Did you do your work the way other people did theirs? In what ways did you do it differently? In what ways was your work or process similar? Yes... and no. The yes: I did do my work the way other people did theirs, collaborating with my team, planning smears against other candidates, collecting facts about our organelle which was the Golgi apparatus, more commonly known as the Golgi bodies. The no: instead of filming ourselves, like our people-selves, I filmed using straws and paper. Another way we did our project differently was I used my iPad and an app called iMovie to film.

Forward-Looking: What would you change if you had a chance to do this piece over again? 
I would fix the questions, as the last couple of questions don't really mention much about our organelle. The only part that has our organelle's function is the first question: Why would you be fit for president? That's where I respond: Because I am reliable, I care about the people, and I store and pack your food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System

The Renal (Excretory, Urinary) System

10/24 Interdependence of Organisms